Let us go festive and try to make some simple but colourful cookies that can also be used as Christmas tree ornaments. They are quick and easy to make and favourites of all.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 tsp milk
- 4 tsp vanilla or any flavor you like.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or Maida
- 1 pinch salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 6 tsp flour
- 1 cup white chocolate
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 cup colorful sprinkles (edible confetti)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and mix it well.
- Add flavour (vanilla or any other), and milk to the mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add salt, flour and baking powder.
- Now add both the mixtures to knead a dough.
- You can add some flour if necessary so that it's not sticky
- Now roll a sheet out of 1/4th portion of the dough
- Using moulds or cookie cutters, cut desired shapes.
- With a tooth pick, punch a hole into the shapes if you want to use it for hanging Christmas ornaments.
- Grease baking tray, & bake them for 8-10 minutes.
- You can increase or decrease the baking time based on if you want softer inside or crisper inside.
- In two separate bowls melt dark and white chocolates.
- Dip edges or whole cookie into chocolate and immediately spread sprinkles. Make sure it does not cover the hole. Let it cool and they are ready for decoration.
- Use your imagination and use different colours for decoration.