This could be easily one of the simplest and quickest date recipes of all times. Even though it is dessert, there is no use of sugar and a very minimal use of chocolate. Dates are a good source of dietary fiber. We are also adding some nuts to increase the nutrition value of the dish and also to give a crunch.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 12 pieces
- Microwave or Stove top
- High speed chopper
- 500 gm pitted dates
- 100 gm butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nuts of your choice (I added almonds and walnuts)
- In a shallow pan, roast nuts for 3-4 minutes and let it cool
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl, add pitted dates and microwave high for 4-5 minutes
- Now let it cool for couple minutes and put it in a chopper to make a coarse paste.
- Take it out in the mixing bowl.
- Add roasted nuts to the chopper and chop them into pieces. Keep them big enough to feel the crunch.
- Now add nuts, and butter to the bowl and mix all well.
- Add chocolate chips in the last when mixture is not hot (avoid melting of chocolate chips)
- Take a 9 inch pie plate and add the mixture and press firmly to the bottom.
- Smooth out the layer with help of a cup pressing on the top.
- Now let it cool for 5 minutes and using cookie cutters, cut out the shapes of your choice.
- Your Choco dates are ready to be served.