How would you like absolute crunch in your ice-cream? So now instead of a big scoop of ice cream, you can cut almost half serving and replace it with rice krispies . This might save just some of your guilt feeling. But the dessert can never be actually guilt free. As I always say indulgence is ok once in a while. Let us get started. It is really quick and requires very few ingredients.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Kitchen instrument: None
Difficulty level: 5/10
- 2 -3 cups of Rice Krispies or mamra (puffed rice)
- 1.5 cup jaggery
- 1 tsp butter
- Ice-cream of your choice
- Topping of your choice (M&MS or chocolate chips)
1. In a large thick bottom pan, add jaggery and butter and heat it until dark liquid and bubbling.
2. Add rice puffs and mix well so that they are sticky.
3. Now take from stove and start moulding shapes.
4. Make sure you wear heat proof gloves as this will be really hot.
5. I make balls and squares out of the mixture.
6. Now let it cool completely.
7. Take a scoop of ice-cream and ball of puffed rice.
8. With a spoon mash ice cream a little and now coat the rice puff completely with ice-cream and freeze immediately.
9. Now after an hour, sprinkle or roll the ball into topping of your choice and freeze for another hour.
10. Now serve it with chocolate drizzle or caramel. You can even serve it with fruit jellies.
- Make sure you mould immediately since once cold it will not form shapes. Also let it completely cool down before coating with ice-cream.