Dessert is must for indulgence. Once in a while itâ€™s ok to satisfy your sweet tooth even if you are extremely health conscious. If it is about homemade dessert, sticky toffee pudding is my favorite and the recipe I am going to share is a version of the same. I do not use store brought bread, instead, I use homemade bread dough.
Preparation time: 90 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Oven
Difficulty level: 5/10
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour/Maida
- 3 tsp melted butter (you can substitute with oil)
- 400 gms of Cream
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of brown or white sugar
- 2 spoon corn flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts
1. Dissolve yeast in bowl of warm milk and let it stand for 10 minutes.
2. Now in a bowl add flour salt, butter and sugar.
3. Slowly add yeast mixture and mix well to form sticky dough.
4. You can add more flour if the dough is too liquidly or add couple spoons of milk if dough is dry.
5. Knead dough until it is smooth.
6. Grease a large bowl and place the dough in it.
7. Cover and let it stand for an hour in a warm place. This will allow the dough to rise.
8. Knead the dough one more time and make 4 portions.
9. Roll it like thick string and make small pieces.
10. Grease a deep baking tray/casserole or pie plate with butter.
11. Place the dough bites with Â½ inch distance to eachother.
12. Add banana slices in the spaces between dough.
13. In a mixing bowl add cream, 1 cup sugar and corn flour.
14. Mix well.
15. Pour it in the baking tray.
16. Preheat oven to 370 degree F.
17. Place the casserole to bake for at least 15 to 18 minutes.
18. In a shallow pan add 1 cup of sugar and 2 tsp butter.
19. Heat it for 5 minutes until it forms liquid caramel.
20. Now serve your bread pudding hot with large spoon of caramel topping.
- Instead of using dough, you can use store brought bread slices and the recipe would turn out just fine.