Winter is full of festivals and this time we are talking about festival of kites. In a cold windy day under the open sky do not you crave for something sweet and crunchy? This Uttarayan along with traditional chikki, let us try some almond pistachio chocolate cups. The recipe is real short quick and delicious. Also, you can prepare a day or two before the event and store it to serve when you need.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pistachio
- 4 tsp honey or 4 tsp brown sugar
- 4 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 slab of milk chocolate
- 1 slab of dark chocolate
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp butter and roast almonds and pistachio for about 3-4 minutes after sprinkling pinch of salt.
- Let it cool and blend coarse into the food processer.
- Heat 2 tsp butter in the pan, add sugar or honey.
- Toss in nuts and stir it for almost 3 minutes.
- The mixture should feel little sticky like caramel.
- Turn of the heat.
- In a bowl, add chocolate slabs, 1 tsp butter and milk
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt the mixture.
- Keep stirring the mixture until it is completely in liquid form.
- In butter cups or cupcake linings, pour liquid chocolate so that it fills 1/4th portion.
- Now scoop the nut mixture and put on the top of the cup to fill 3/4th of cup.
- Stop the linings or cups on the floor a little to level the filling.
- Pour more chocolate liquid to cover the entire surface and gaps if any in between.
- Sprinkle some nuts on top for garnish.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes to harden.
- Your chocolate cups are ready to serve.
- Instead of Pistachio and Almonds, you can use any nuts that you like. In fact peanut butter cups can be made in similar manner.
- You can use mixture of dark and white chocolates and some dried fruits such as raisins or cranberries.
- Instead of making layers you can simply mix the nuts into the chocolate mixture and use chocolate moulds.